CENTRAL GYMNASTICS ACADEMY
CODE OF ETHICS
CGA subscribes to the principles of equity of opportunity and strives to ensure that anyone participating or wishing to participate in gymnastics is able to do so in a discrimination-free environment. CGA also advocates that all those involved in the sport of gymnastics must always comply with the principles of accepted moral and ethical frameworks and exemplary standards of conduct and everyone are treated fairly.
The Equity Policy is based on the following fundamental principles:
- All persons must respect the rights, dignity and worth of every human being and their right to self-determination
- All staff, members, volunteers and job applicants are entitled to be treated fairly regardless of gender, sexual orientation, age, parental or marital status, disability, religion, colour, race, ethnic or national origins, or socio/economic background.
- All participants should be afforded equal opportunity to access to services.
- In some cases, positive action may be required to address past inequalities or under representation.
- It is everyone’s responsibility to ensure that no form of discrimination is tolerated in our club.
- Any individual who believes they have received unfavourable treatment should raise the concern in line with the CGA Complaints and grievance Procedure.
- No individual (and/or their family) who raises a concern in good faith should be treated unfairly as a result of raising the concern.