CENTRAL GYMNASTICS ACADEMY
Child and Vulnerable Adult Protection Policy
Central Gymnastics Academy adheres to and complies with the British and Scottish Gymnastics Safeguarding Policies.
CGA is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young vulnerable adults and expects coaches and volunteers to share this commitment and adhere to and comply with CGA Child Protection and Vulnerable Adult Statement at all times.
The club will endeavour to promote the highest standards of care for all members, coaches and officials by:
- Providing and implementing procedures to safeguard the well-being of all participants and protect them from abuse.
- Respect and promote the rights, wishes and feelings of all participants.
- Adopt good practice in recruitment, training and supervision of all employees and volunteers, and provide guidance to parents and carers.
- The appointment of a Welfare Officer to whom grievances or complaints can be made confidentially.
- Ensuring that staff are suitably trained in Child Protection and Health, Safety and Welfare issues.
- Ensuring that coaches and officials have been screened to confirm their suitability to work with children including The PVG Scheme which is managed and delivered by Disclosure Scotland.
- Ensuring that a minimum of two responsible adults are present at all training sessions or events.
- Ensuring that the participants and/or parents are aware of the purpose of videoing, filming and photography during training or events.
- Having a zero-tolerance level of poor practice, bullying or any potential form of abuse.
- Require all coaches and members to adopt British Gymnastics and Scottish Gymnastics ’ Code of Ethics and Conduct, Health, Safety and Welfare Policy and the Child Protection Policy and Procedures.
- Respond to all allegations and concerns, and implement the appropriate disciplinary and appeals procedure.
For further information on Scottish Gymnastics safeguarding policy please follow the link provided https://www.scottishgymnastics.org/clubs/safeguarding-clubs-polices-procedures