RULES FOR ALL MEMBERS
It is a condition of membership that all
members and parents abide by the relevant Academy Rules and Codes of Conduct at
all times. Parents, please ensure that you spend time familiarising yourself
and your child with the club rules. We aim to make the club training
environment as positive and friendly as possible and the club rules exist to
help ensure that this happens. Academy rules are: -
- Central Gymnastics Academy will not accept Legal Duty of Care for any gymnast until they have entered the facility.
- The front and back doors will now be locked ten minutes into the start of your child’s class and re-opened Five minutes before the end of your child’s class. If you are running late or need to pick your gymnast up early please use the intercom system provided or call 01786 464777 to make alternative arrangements.
- No parents/carers are permitted to stay for the duration of the session as we do not have the space to accommodate all parents.
- All gymnasts must be signed out of class before leaving the gym unless written consent from parents/carers has been approved by the Head Coach.
- No one under the age of 16 will be permitted to sign gymnasts out of the gym.
- No gymnasts under the age of 12 will be granted permission by the Club to leave the gym on their own
- The Academy reserves the right to refuse any membership to any applicant. Applicants to the Academy may be initially offered a trial period before being offered membership
- The Academy reserves the right to suspend or dismiss any member for inappropriate behaviour or any action that may bring the club into disrepute. This is also applicable to parents and guardians
- All parents/guardians of members, when signing the registration & participation form must make it clear if they do not agree to photographs being taken from time to time of their child, whether directly or indirectly at such events that the club holds. These photographs may be used at the Academy’s discretion for promoting the Academy
- The appropriate annual membership fee must be paid from the 1st of August of each year to remain a member of the Academy, and Scottish Gymnastics. All members must have SG/BG membership. Any member’s fees or Scottish Gymnastics membership which are not paid when due may be deemed as not being a member of the Academy
- Monthly subscription fees must be paid by the 7th of each month. The subscription payment is continuous for each block, irrespective of illness, injury or holidays (excluding serious illness/injury) and are non-refundable. Failure to pay Academy fees by the 8th of the month will result in a £5 levy being charged for late payment.
- The Academy is open during school holidays therefore fees must be paid during any holiday periods in order that you keep your child’s place
- Gymnasts’ attendance must be as close to 100% as physically possible and should be ready for training five minutes before classes begin. Gymnasts will lose their place if attendance is poor, particularly in advance classes.
- Gymnasts who have not attended for two weeks without prior notice will lose their place at the Academy.
- The Academy aims are to provide General Gymnastics and Competitive Gymnastics. The latter applies if the criteria for competitions received are applicable to the ability of any gymnast whether they are a squad member or NOT
- Just because a gymnast is a member of a squad does NOT automatically mean that they have the right to be chosen for any competitions that the Academy enters. These decisions are made strictly at the discretion of Christopher Chalk and take into account many factors other than ability
must arrive in time for warm- up
- Gymnasts must arrive no earlier than ten minutes before classes start and should not be dropped off/collected in the car park. [exception if prior written agreement with Academy]
- No jewellery may be worn at any time (including belly bars), long hair must be tied back, and t-shirts must be of a non-slip material. No football logos should be worn to classes or crop tops. Where possible the Academy uniform should be worn.
- The Academy will not be responsible for the loss or damage to personal belongings
- Gymnasts/parents must inform coaches of any injury or medication being taken before commencement of the session.
- The coaches decision as to how they arrange their groups for the sake of safety, numbers, and the smooth running of the session is final and no gymnast or their parent is allowed to question their decisions
- All gymnasts have a responsibility to keep the gym tidy and in good condition. Gymnasts are responsible for tidying up after themselves and putting their empty drinks bottles and rubbish in the bin when finished.
- Only gymnasts, coaches and authorised individuals are allowed in the gym in normal circumstances. If you wish to speak to a coach, please make arrangements to discuss any matters 10 minutes after session ends
- Please beware that in the unfortunate event that you are late to collect your child from class and we can not get in contact with yourself or your Childs emergency contact, we will have no other option to call the police after forty five minutes.
- Gymnasts must only work on the instructions given by the coach
- No gymnasts are allowed on any apparatus unless supervised by a coach or given specific instructions to do so by a coach
- In matters of teaching – THE COACHES WORD IS FINAL
- Selection to squads will be made at the discretion of the Coaching Team
- Should you wish your child to train at another club or organisation (even on a trial basis) then you must notify their coach prior to doing so
- CGA adopts the SG Child Protection Policy, does not tolerate bullying and operates as an equal opportunity club
- The Academy has a Scottish gymnastics recognised Child Protection Officer Mrs Claire Leask. Any problems or concerns regarding aspects of the Academy and its members will involve the welfare officer
- Gymnasts are not permitted to change classes or training times unless by prior agreement by the head coach
- Parents and gymnasts are requested to build up an open, positive and supportive relationship with the coaching team, and coaches are requested to maintain open and positive communication with their gymnasts and gymnasts’ parents.
- No pictures or videos must be taken in the gym unless by prior agreement from the head coach
- Any person coming into contact with the Academy must adhere to the relevant code of conduct
- Central Gymnastics Academy will not stand for abusive behaviour towards coaches, volunteers or management and will not hesitate to contact the police.